Everyone in our family loves ice cream so my mom splurged and got an ice cream maker. This coconut pineapple frozen yogurt recipe is a bit healthier than regular ice cream. It uses Greek yogurt and coconut milk which is combined with pineapple chunks. I have topped it with some toasted coconut flakes. It is very light and flavourful…you will love it, too!
Coconut Pineapple Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Coconut Pineapple Frozen Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 Cup fat coconut milk
- 6-7 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vodka
- 1/4 Cup crushed pineapple drained
- toasted coconut to garnish
- Combine the yogurt, coconut milk, sugar and vodka in a blender and blend until well mixed.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until well chilled (at least 2 hours).
- Pour the yogurt mixture into your ice cream maker, and process according to the manufacturers directions on your ice-cream maker. Mine only took about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt to a large container with a lid and stir in the crushed pineapple. The frozen yogurt will go quite liquid at this point, but that is okay. Make sure to mix well to avoid any pineapple juice ice chunks.
- Cover and place back into the freezer until solid, about 2-3 hours.
I have had this Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for a few years and love it.
Let me know if you try this coconut pineapple frozen yogurt recipe!