Christmas already?! No? That’s okay, too! You don’t really need any particular season to celebrate and recreate my fun little Crinkle Grinch Cookies!
These Grinch cookies taste like heaven! They have a nice soft cake-like texture and they don’t really need to be Grinch green. You could make them any colour that you want. The cute little heart on the top is the perfect embellishment. I think these are the cookies that I am going to leave out for Santa this year! ❤
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Green food coloring
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Large heart-shaped sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the mixer bowl, cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- Roll a tablespoon of dough into a ball and then roll in icing sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and press a large heart sprinkle in the middle.
- Place baking sheet and cookies in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let cool on pan and then remove to cool completely on a wire rack
These Grinch cookies would be the perfect treat for the grumpy person in your life. Who could stay grumpy after seeing these cookies? I bet their heart will grow three sizes!
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!
You can also celebrate Valentine’s by colouring them red or even orange for Halloween! You can get as creative as you want, as long as you’re not a mean one like Mr. Grinch!