I have received several requests for some more healthy treat options on the blog. Your wish is my command, friends! ???? My friend Chelsea really got me into making and experimenting with vegan bars, so I have been creating my own couple of recipes over the past few months. These yummy very berry happy-go-lucky layered vegan bars are simply bursting with berry flavour. They literally are a mouthful! They are also a perfect treat for someone that is vegan or just likes healthy treats. With the added nuts in this bar, they are sure to fill you up and give you energy for whatever your afternoon has in store.
If you can’t find raspberries and blackberries fresh, I have tried it with strawberries and blueberries, and it works out just as deliciously! Try with your own variations of fruits and nuts then let me know how they turn out!
These Vegan bars are so easy to make and so tasty, they make for the perfect snack or treat.
Very Berry Layered Vegan Bars Recipe
Very Berry Layered Vegan Bars
- 1/4 Cup peanuts
- 2/3 Cup walnuts
- ¾ Cup dates
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Cups cashews
- 1 Cup peanuts
- 1/3 Cup agave
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 0.5 Cup raspberries fresh
- 0.5 Cup blackberries fresh
- ½ Cup coconut oil
- ¼ Cup coconut flour
- 1/8 Cup cashews
- 1/8 Cup peanuts
- Line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Base – Put the nuts into the food processor and blend until fine. Add the dates and melted coconut oil and blend again. It is the right consistency when you squeeze the mixture it forms a ball and sticks together.
- Press the base into the prepared tin and put into the fridge.
- White Layer – Soak the cashews and peanuts in a bowl by covering with just enough water so it reaches the top of the nuts and leave for 1 hour.
- Pour the nuts and the soaking water into a blender with the rest of the ingredients for the white layer. Blend until silky smooth.
- Take the tin out of the fridge and pour the white layer on top of the base. Put into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Berry Layer – Soak the cashews and peanuts by covering with just enough water. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until silky smooth again.
- Take the tin out of the freezer and pour the berry layer over the white layer. Put back into the freezer for about 2 to 3 hours until solid.
- Take out and slice. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Here are some of my favourite gluten free products!
Thank you for all the love and support on the blog. It means a lot! Let me know if you try these Very Berry Layered Vegan Bars.