Halloween isn’t just for kids, you know – these boozy Bailey’s snake den dirt cups are strictly for the grownups only! Have you ever made dirt cups for adults? You only need six different ingredients to make them and the Bailey’s kick is so good. In fact, these worm and dirt parfaits are too good to only make around Halloween, so rustle these dessert cocktails up whenever you’re in a creative mood!
This unique drunken worm cups dessert is quick and easy to prepare and you can make it a day or so ahead if you want. You’ll need chocolate pudding as your base along with cookies, gummy snakes and Bailey’s Irish Cream for a fabulous result.
Ingredients for Boozy Bailey’s Snake Den Dirt Cups
You will need instant chocolate pudding for this drunken worm cups dessert. You can’t go wrong with the Jell-O brand, or you can use another if you prefer. Alternatives include the Hershey’s, Walmart or Royal brands.
Milk and whipped topping also go into the worm and dirt parfaits. And then you’ll need Irish Cream. Bailey’s is the best-known but there are other brands too. Cookie crumbs and gummy snakes finish these dirt cups for adults off perfectly.
Whisk the instant pudding and milk with the Irish Cream for a couple of minutes then mix in the whipped topping. Divide about half of the mixture between six 5-ounce glasses.
Next add half the cookie crumbs and then the rest of the pudding mixture. Add a snake on top then more cookie crumbs. Finish off with the rest of the gummy snakes then refrigerate until you’re ready to enjoy these worm and dirt parfaits.
Tweaks and Variations
Although these boozy Bailey’s snake den dirt cups are amazing as they are, like most desserts they’re tweakable. You could start with a layer of lime jello in each cup to look like swamp water.
You have the option of using Bailey’s Irish Cream or another brand. If you don’t want your dirt cups for adults to be alcoholic, you can sub chocolate milk for the Irish Cream or else use Bailey’s ready-to-drink, alcohol-free Bailey’s iced coffee. This non-alcoholic Irish Cream is another option to consider.
You can also try Haribo Scaremix in place of the gummy snakes or worms. Or try another type of chocolate sandwich cookie in place of the Oreos.
Boozy Bailey’s Snake Den Dirt Cups FAQs
These dessert cocktails will be fine in the refrigerator for a couple of days, so if you want to make them ahead you definitely can. Cover them with plastic wrap so they don’t dry out.
There are plenty of recipes you can use nut, soy or rice milk in, but for this one it’s best to stick with full-fat dairy milk. The reason for this is alcohol already makes the pudding more runny (the same reason you can’t add too much of it to jello desserts) and a water-based milk alternative would make it even more so.
Feel free to experiment if you want, and you can also swap the Cool Whip for a dairy-free alternative. But I haven’t tried either of those changes so if you do, let me know how your drunken worm cups dessert comes out! Even if it’s a bit runny, you can serve them up as ‘dessert cocktails’ rather than set desserts. All the flavour will be in there either way!
Boozy Bailey’s Snake Den Dirt Cups Recipe
Boozy Bailey’s Snake Den Dirt Cups
- 1 Box Instant Chocolate Pudding 3.9 Ounce/110 gram
- ¾ cup milk cold, full-fat
- ½ cup Irish Cream such as Bailey’s Original Irish Cream, chilled
- 4- ounces whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreos, crushed
- 12 gummy snakes such as Haribo Rattle-Snakes Gummi Candy
- In a medium bowl, add instant chocolate pudding, milk, and Irish Cream. Whisk for two minutes. Gently whip in whipped topping until completely incorporated.
- Spoon four tablespoons of the pudding mixture into the bottom of a 5-ounce glass. On top of the first pudding layer, add two tablespoons of the crushed Oreos. Add another four-tablespoon layer of the pudding.
- Place a gummy snake on top of this pudding layer, draping its head portion over the side of the glass. Then, add another two-tablespoon layer of the Oreo crumbs so it appears that the gummy snake is partially buried. Top with one or two more gummy snakes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
These boozy Bailey’s snake den dirt cups are so easy to make and they look awesome! Whether you’re making them as a treat for the grownups on Halloween or you’re simply in a fun, creative mood, these worm and dirt parfaits combine the elegance of Irish Cream liqueur with a fun take on all things spooky!