Bite sized, mini, petite…little treats are the new big thing! I love snacking, but I try to keep it healthy, so I made some bite sized chocolate trail mix energy bites that you will just love. They are full of flavour and are my favourite combination of salty and sweet. They totally hit the spot when you have a craving and they are a real energy boost, too.
Good things come in small packages.
These chocolate trail mix energy bites are also know as chocolate mendiants. They are a traditional Christmas French treat. I used milk chocolate in this recipe, but dark or white chocolate would work, too. I bet they are even good with a bit of coarse salt on them.
Energy Bites Recipe
- 2 Cups Milk chocolate chips
- 24 Pistachios
- 24 Hazelnuts
- 24 Pumpkin seeds
- 24 cranberries Dried
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Drop one tablespoon of melted chocolate onto the parchment and use the spoon to form a 2 inch circle.
- Decorate each circle with the toppings by gently placing them on top of the chocolate.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator to set.
Lately I have been obsessed with little, yummy treats and I have some other great links that you should check out below. These petite treats have the same taste but just in a reasonable size…especially for someone like me that is pretty darn small. 🙂 I am sure I will be sharing more one bite treats and snacks over the coming months, because they are just too cute to resist.
Let me know if you try to make these Energy Bites. You will love them!