The Copycat Taco Bell breakfast crunchwrap recipe is a delicious combination of hash brown patties, sausage, eggs and cheese, plus a crunchy wrap. It’s basically breakfast in a wrap. You might have seen a Tik Tok recipe for it, since everyone wants to make this – it’s such a great way to start the day! You can add any extras you want and even eat it one-handed on the go.
There’s no denying a breakfast crunchwrap will start your morning off on the right note, but what if you’re nowhere near Taco Bell? The following breakfast in a wrap Tik Tok recipe is simple to make and tastes just like the Taco Bell version.
Breakfast Crunchwrap Ingredients
At Taco Bell you can choose from bacon or sausage, so feel free to sub bacon for the sausage in this recipe. You just need to cook it and crumble it up.
You will also need hash brown patties, garlic, onion, eggs, milk, tortillas, nacho cheese, cheddar, oil, and some salt and black pepper. Use another type of cheese instead of cheddar if you prefer, such as shredded Mexican cheese. You can also use leftover fried potatoes rather than the hash browns.
The combination of hash brown patties, sausage, eggs and cheese is so magical. I think I could enjoy that every morning! The great thing about this breakfast in a wrap though is you can choose what you want to put in there.
Anything from jalapenos to refried beans or even seasoned rice can go in there. A little hot sauce is also great.
How to Make a Copycat Taco Bell Breakfast Wrap
Cook the hash brown patties. Meanwhile, fry the sausage with the garlic and onion.
When it’s done and no pink remains inside, you can drain almost all the fat from the skillet and remove the sausage. Whisk the eggs with the milk and add this to the skillet to scramble, seasoning with salt and black pepper.
Now spread some nacho cheese down the middle of flour tortillas and add a hash brown, some of the sausage, some of the scrambled eggs, and then some shredded cheese. Now trim the remaining tortillas down and use them to cover the filled ones, before wrapping the edges to seal. Cook the breakfast crunchwraps in oil in a skillet for 5 minutes per side or until crispy and golden.
Making Taco Bell at home is a great way to control the ingredients and save on take-out. This Taco Bell chicken burrito is also another favourite copycat recipe.
5 Top Tips for Perfect Results
- Microwave your tortillas for a few seconds before trying to fold them, especially if the package has been open and they’re slightly brittle, else they might tear.
- As delicious as the filling is, make sure not to overfill these else you won’t be able to seal the tortillas.
- If you prefer to bake instead of fry, give them about 20 minutes in a 400 degrees F oven. Another option is air frying them.
- Add pepper jack cheese, chillies or hot sauce if you want to make these spicy.
- For a vegetarian version, sub mushrooms or another vegetable for the breakfast sausage.
Breakfast Crunchwrap FAQs
Make them ahead and they will last for a few days in the refrigerator or even longer in the freezer. You can bake them from frozen at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes on each side. This is why it’s worth making a batch of this delicious breakfast crunchwrap!
You might like to drizzle over some sauce, perhaps jalapeno ranch or hot sauce. As for what to pair with a breakfast crunchwrap, you can’t go wrong with orange juice and coffee!
If you want something sweet, try a smoothie bowl or fruit cup on the side. These crunchwraps are pretty filling though, so you might not need anything with it.
Breakfast Crunchwrap Recipe
Breakfast Crunchwrap – Copycat Taco Bell
- 4 hash brown patties frozen
- 1 Pound breakfast sausage
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon onion powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 flour tortillas large or 4 large, 4 street taco size
- 4 Tablespoons nacho cheese
- 2 Cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Bake the hash brown patties according to the directions on the package. While the hash browns are baking, begin on the sausage.
- Fry the breakfast sausage in a large skillet at medium high heat. Stir in the garlic powder and onion powder. Break up the pieces as you cook it until there is no pink left.
- When the sausage is fully cooked remove it from the skillet and drain out all but about 1 Tablespoon of the fat. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the milk. Pour the eggs and milk mixture into the skillet and gently move them with a spatula until they are scrambled to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Next we will assemble the crunchwraps. Place 4 large tortillas on a flat surface. Spread about 1 Tablespoon of nacho cheese in the center of each tortilla. Place 1 hash brown patty on top. Then place about ¼ of the sausage onto each of the hash brown patties. Place about ¼ of the scrambled eggs onto each tortilla. Then put about ½ cup of shredded cheddar on top of each. Leave some space empty all the way around the edges of the tortilla.
- Warm the large skillet again (or a griddle), adding about 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Cut about 2 inches all the way around the edges of the 4 remaining tortillas (creating smaller circles) or place on street tacos size tortillas. Set 1of the smaller tortillas on top of the fillings of each large tortilla. Wrap the edges up around the smaller tortilla.
- Place each of the wraps into the griddle or skillet upside down (with the turned up edges on the bottom, to keep them sealed). Fry on one side until browned, then flip and fry the other side until browned. (They will need about 5 minutes per side.)
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
This breakfast crunchwrap Tik Tok recipe is a Copycat Taco Bell breakfast in a wrap. It’s made with hash brown patties, sausage, eggs and cheese, along with other delicious ingredients and makes a great breakfast, brunch or lunch. This Taco Bell chalupa recipe is also another favourite copycat recipe!
Other Recipes You Will Love
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.