I made these amazing date bars early in December and I just haven’t had a chance to share them with you yet. They are my moms recipe and they are so so yummy. These date bars are loaded with dates and oatmeal and have a hint of orange flavour, too. I am not really into dates but I love date bars!! They taste like kind of like the chocolate oat bars from Starbucks but have dates instead of chocolate.
Being nice is the new black. So be nice.
With all of the dates and oats in these date bars, they may be a good alternative for those looking to cut back on chocolate and sweets. If you are looking for some other “healthier” bar recipes, check out my recipe for the oat bars that are similar to what they sell at Starbucks. I would classify these more like a granola bar than a sweet.
These tasty treats are also perfect for taking on any road trip or adventure. I love to take a few with me on some of the hikes I go on! These bars are a great snack that will provide you with lots of energy after a long hike up to the top. These treats taste even better when enjoyed with friends and a great view!!
Date Bars Recipe
- In a saucepan, cook filling ingredients over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray Pam on bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until well mixed. Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt until crumbly.
- Press half of the crumb mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Spread with filling. Top with remaining crumb mixture; press lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan and then cut into bars while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I love it when I can make my snacks and tasty treats because I know what ingredients go into one! This recipe includes simple ingredients. Most of these were already in my house besides the dates! I love experimenting with dates and will be buying them more frequently! They are great for sweetening any recipe because they act as a natural sweetener. I also really enjoy mixing them into my smoothies. Did you know dates are high and fiber and disease-fighting antioxidants!
Let me know if you try these Date Bars. They are very tasty! ❤