How cute is this homemade gluten free heart-shaped pizza? Just imagine serving this up to your loved one or to the kids? It’s simple to make gluten free pizza dough at home. As for discovering how to make a heart-shaped pizza, you will definitely want to try out this Valentine’s dinner idea. Add your favourite gluten free pizza toppings and you are set!
There are plenty of gluten free pizza toppings to choose from so you can personalize this pizza. Make it truly your own by choosing only your favourite toppings!
You can expect the crust to be chewy and crisp. Feel free to omit the parm powder if you want but I love how it flavours the pizza. Everyone will be a fan of this homemade gluten free heart shaped pizza. It tastes every bit as wonderful as pizza made with regular flour.
Making Gluten Free Pizza Dough at Home
It’s easy to prepare a homemade gluten free heart-shaped pizza when you know how to make the crust. You will need gluten free flour to make it, along with other ingredients such as baking powder, yeast, salt, parm powder, and honey.
Once the yeast has bloomed in water and honey, you can add the rest of the dough ingredients to the mix. Let the dough rest for about an hour in which time it will rise.
Now you need to know how to make a heart-shaped pizza and that’s pretty easy. The simplest method is to roll it into a circle with a rolling pin. After that you can pinch the bottom to make the point shape. Next, with one finger pull down the middle of the top to make the top of the heart.
Now you know how to make a heart-shaped pizza, you will find this simple. Don’t worry about making a perfectly symmetrical heart though. This pizza is bursting with rustic charm and as long as it roughly resembles a heart, it’s fine!
How to Top the Pizza
Once you’ve prepared the crust for this homemade gluten free, heart-shaped pizza you can top it. I like to brush a mixture of Italian seasoning, garlic and butter over the crust.
This adds aromatic flavour as well as moisture to this cute Valentine’s dinner idea. Give it 10 minutes or so in the oven and then you can add some gluten free pizza toppings and bake it again.
Suggested Gluten Free Pizza Toppings
This wonderful Valentine’s dinner idea suits pretty much any pizza toppings you want to add. Ensure they are also gluten free. Mozzarella, tomato, basil, and perhaps gluten free pepperoni are always great.
If you want to add fresh herbs (such as the basil) sprinkle those on right at the end. I love sprinkling dried oregano over my pizza before baking. Oregano seems to suit every pizza no matter what the toppings are!
Why Make Gluten Free Pizza Dough at Home
Yes you can buy gluten free pizza dough. Yes you can buy an entire gluten free pizza. But you know what? I promise your homemade version is going to taste so much better! This homemade gluten free, heart-shaped pizza isn’t just in the shape of love. It is MADE with love!
Once you find out how to make a heart-shaped pizza which is 0% gluten and 100% flavour you will want to make this a regular dinnertime staple! It’s just so cute and I love that you can personalize it so much with whatever toppings you happen to have to hand.
I don’t know when exactly you’ll be reading this, or if you’re looking for a Valentine’s dinner idea! But I do know this is a great choice for dinner time and it’s easy to make.
Not eating gluten doesn’t mean missing out on such iconic treats as pizza. You can make a gluten free pizza dough at home and add whatever gluten free pizza toppings you want.
Are you drooling yet? I promise you, this pizza is going to impress you so much you will want to make it tonight! And then add it to your regular meal rotation.
What to Do with Leftover Pizza
I’m telling you, you aren’t going to have leftovers because this pizza is amazing. However, if you do have leftovers, they’re great for breakfast the following day. Yes really! Leftover pizza can be enjoyed cold.
Alternatively pop it in a dry (no oil) skillet and warm it over a low flame for a hearty lunch (perhaps paired with salad). That crisps up the base and warms the toppings. It also doesn’t dry it out like the oven or microwave might!
I have an Italian background which means I am an Italian food fiend. Pasta, pizza – I love it all! But pizza is especially close to my heart. I wanted to share this homemade gluten free, heart-shaped pizza with you because it just goes to show how easy this classic Italian dish is to make.
If you like this homemade gluten free heart shaped pizza, you might also like 20 Minute Savoury Bacon, Onion and BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas, Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream or Gluten Free Sugar Cookies for Valentine’s Day.
Gluten Free Heart Shaped Pizza Recipe
Homemade Gluten Free Heart Shaped Pizza
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp. garlic powder
- mozzarella fresh pearl size
- basil fresh
- cherry tomatoes
- pepperoni gluten free
- parmesan cheese
- pizza sauce
- In a mixing bowl pour the warm water and honey, add the yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes to bloom.
- Once the yeast is foamy add in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and all remaining dough ingredients, mix well until everything is combined. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- In the bowl, form the dough into a ball-like structure, then drizzle the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cover the bowl with a tea towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rest in a warm area for 45 to 90 minutes (45 minutes is plenty of time, however if you'd like to develop/deepen the yeast flavor you can let it sit for up to 90 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- After the dough has rested, prepare a cookie sheet or pizza pan by lightly oiling it. Roll your dough onto the prepared pan and gently start pressing it into a heart shape. Set aside to rest for 15 minutes
- While the crust is resting, prepare the garlic oil/butter mixture.
- In a microwave safe dish put the oil, butter, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning. Microwave on high for 10 seconds or until melted. Stir to combine.
- Brush the butter mixture onto the top of the crust making sure to get all the edges.
- Bake the crust for 7 to 10 minutes until it's just barely set and no longer doughy.
- Take the pizza out and top with your favourite toppings.
- Turn the oven up to 500 degrees F.
- Bake the pizza for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese and toppings are melted and golden. Watch carefully so it does not over cook.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs such as basil, cut into desired shapes and serve immediately.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Also, if you can’t eat gluten, it doesn’t matter, because you can still make incredible pizza. And here’s the proof! So, enjoy your homemade gluten free, heart-shaped pizza – I just know you will!
If you are looking for other gluten free recipes, you might also like these Baked Gluten Free Cinnamon Spice Glazed Donuts.