A lemon lavender vodka cocktail is an iconic spring cocktail which is delicate, aromatic and unusual. This beautiful drink is easy to put together and makes a wonderful spring cocktail. If you’re considering a pitcher of martinis to say cheers to spring, this craft cocktail is sure to wow at any kind of party and special occasion.
This gorgeous purple drink with contrasting yellow lemon slices is sure to make everyone want a glass. This lemon lavender vodka cocktail is simple to make yet seriously impressive to see and sip.
Why You’ll Love This
- Simple: You can make this lavender martini ahead of time, preparing all the components. Making a craft cocktail has never been this straightforward.
- Delicious: The flavours of lemon and lavender are wonderful together, making this an ideal drink to serve at baby showers, wedding showers, summer BBQs, and more besides.
- Impressive: If you wait until your guests are watching to add the lemon to the simple syrup, they can see the mixture change from blue to purple. So, they get magic as well as a great cocktail!
Lavender Martini Ingredients
There are a few components you’re going to need to make this lavender lemonade cocktail. However, if you like to make cocktails, you might find you already have many of them.
For the homemade lavender syrup, you will need dried lavender buds, butterfly pea flowers, water, and sugar. For the martini pitcher recipe (or to make individual drinks in a martini glass), you will need Saint Germaine elderflower vodka, lemon vodka, limoncello, freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon slices and some lavender syrup.
How to Make this Colour Changing Cocktail
For more detailed instructions with weights and measurements, jump to the printable recipe card.
Start the lavender syrup: Boil the water and sugar.
Cook the lavender syrup: Add the lavender flowers and butterfly pea flowers and simmer.
Finish the lavender simple syrup: Cover and steep, then transfer into a mason jar to cool completely.
Assemble the cocktail: Add lemon to the cooled syrup, then mix with all the other ingredients in a pitcher or a cocktail glass. No cocktail shaker is needed. Garnish with a lemon slice.
Substitutions and Variations
You don’t have to use brand-name vodka if you have a preferred alternative. Even plain vodka with an extra squeeze of lemon would work. Of course, another idea is to sub gin for the vodka if that’s your preference.
You can also buy readymade lavender syrup (here) if you want a shortcut or can’t find all the ingredients to make your own. Not only is it tasty, but it’s versatile, too, since you can add it to tea and lattes or drizzle it over ice cream.
Change the garnish with a lemon wheel and a bit of fresh lavender flower or a lavender sprig on top of the martini’s surface. You could even rim the glass with some lavender sugar.
If you’re looking for a mocktail version, you will love this colour changing lemonade. You get all the flavour without the alcohol content.
What to Serve with a Lavender Martini
- Store: You can prepare the syrup a day ahead and keep it refrigerated, but don’t prepare the cocktails until it’s time to serve them.
- Freeze: This recipe isn’t a great candidate for freezing, so it’s best made and served fresh.
Lavender Lemon Drop Martinis FAQs
The butterfly pea flowers are the secret behind the colour change. I like to prepare the lavender syrup ahead so I can add the lemon and change the colour of this lemon lavender martini while people are watching, and they always love it!
Lemon Lavender Cocktail Recipe
Lemon Lavender Vodka Cocktail
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 3 Teaspoon lavender dried
- 1 Tablespoon butterfly pea 10 flowers
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
Lavender Martini Pitcher (makes 4 glasses)
- 4 Ounces vodka Elderflower, such as Saint Germaine
- 4 Ounces vodka lemon, such as Absolut Citron
- 2 Ounces limoncello
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 Slices Lemon as garnish
- First, prepare the lavender simple syrup. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the lavender and pea flowers. Lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain into a glass container such as a mason jar.
- Allow to cool completely before preparing martinis. Once cooled, squeeze a lemon slice into the pitcher to change the colour of the simple syrup from blue to a deep purple hue.
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher. Stir using a cocktail stirrer.
- Pour into martini glasses and garnish with a lemon slice.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
The lemon lavender vodka cocktail is a great purple lemonade recipe with fresh lemon juice, dried lavender flowers and more. This spring cocktail is simple, refreshing and delicious.
You Might Also Like
Bella Bucchiotti is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for food, dogs, fitness, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.