A passion fruit martini cocktail makes a delicious summer drink. Made with passion fruit liqueur and vanilla vodka, it’s fruity, sweet and perfectly refreshing. Passion fruit puree and sweet ‘n sour cocktail mix will boost the fruitiness factor. Tangerine slices make a pretty garnish and a sugar and honey rim finishes the drink beautifully.
Looking for a simple vodka passion fruit mixed drink or fruity martini for the warmer months? This Passoa cocktail is ideal for balmy summer evenings and is a tasty sweet martini variation I’m sure you’ll love.
Passion Fruit Martini Cocktail Ingredients
This Passoa cocktail can be prepared with brand-name Passoa or a similar passion fruit liqueur. Passion fruit puree also goes into the mix to fortify the passion fruit flavour. Sweet ‘n sour cocktail mix and vanilla vodka are the other components in this passion fruit liqueur and vanilla vodka cocktail.
For the garnish, you will need honey, sugar and tangerine slices. If you like, you can omit the honey and sugar rim or use something else for a garnish, such as a maraschino cherry or slices of clementine, lime or another kind of citrus.
How to Make a Passion Fruit Martini Cocktail
This sweet martini is really easy to prepare. Add the passion fruit liqueur and vanilla vodka to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Add the sweet ‘n sour mix as well as the passion fruit puree and give the mixture a good shake.
Now all you have to do is strain it into a martini glass. The garnish for this Passoa cocktail is optional but good. If you want to garnish the vodka passionfruit mixed drink, rim the glass with honey then dip it in sugar. Finally garnish with a tangerine slice and serve this fruity martini right away for the best result.
Five Fun Facts about Passion Fruit
1. Did you know that passion fruit is technically a berry and not a fruit? There are only 17 calories in one fruit and the crunchy dark seeds are completely edible.
2. Passion fruit boasts plenty of vitamins A, B and C in addition to iron, calcium, sodium, and phosphorus, making it very nutritious.
3. This fruit isn’t just great for summer drinks like a fruity martini. It’s also reputed to have calming, anxiety-relieving properties.
4. It’s native to Brazil and Brazil grows more passion fruit than anywhere else. They also eat more passion fruit than anyone else!
5. Yellow passion fruit is the preferred type in Brazil and has a more sour flavour than purple passion fruits which are the most popular kind in the US since they are sweeter.
Passion Fruit Martini Cocktail FAQs
You can make it up to a couple of days ahead if you like, but make sure you shake it very well before serving, else the ingredients will separate.
I love the honey, sugar and tangerine garnish but there are other ways to garnish this vodka passionfruit mixed drink. You might like to float half a fresh passion fruit in the cocktail. A sprig of basil, citrus wedges, wheels or twists, and skewered cocktail cherries would also work.
Passion Fruit Martini Cocktail Recipe
Passion Fruit Martini Cocktail
- 2 Ounces liqueur passion fruit, such as Passoa
- 2 Ounces passion fruit purée
- 1 Ounces cocktail mix sweet n sour
- 1 Ounces vodka vanilla, such as Absolut Vanilla
- 1/2 Slice tangerine
- 1/2 Teaspoon honey
- granulated sugar
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour the passion fruit liqueur, passion fruit puree, sweet n sour, and vanilla vodka into the cocktail shaker. Cover and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. This will chill the drink and blend the flavors together which will make the martini more smooth
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Trace the rim of your glass with honey
- Pour sugar onto a plate, then dip the rim into the sugar. The honey should be completely covered with the sugar- this will prevent a sticky mess and gives the drink a deliciously cute finishing touch.
- Garnish with a slice of tangerine.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
A vodka passionfruit mixed drink is perfect for the summer and has a delicious fruity taste. If you like this sweet martini made with passion fruit liqueur and vanilla vodka, you might also like to try this passion fruit lime margarita, another fruity favourite.