I love cookies and anything sweet! ❤ I saw a photo of chocolate chip brownie swirl cookies like this and couldn’t resist trying to make my own. I took two favourite recipes and combined them together to make one fantastic chocolate chip brownie swirl cookie! These cookies look amazing. They are tasty magnificent and are perfect for those friends and family who love both of these cookies now you get the best of both worlds!!
We made these chocolate chip brownie swirl cookies with a tablespoon of each dough, and they were just the perfect size. I also added M&M’s (instead of chocolate chips) to the brownie side of the cookie and I really like the colour that it adds.
Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies Recipe
Fun fact about brownies did you know that the first brownie looked very different from the brownie in this recipe. The first brownie was sweetened with molasses, which is what a blondie brownie look likes today!! Blondies are also a tasty treat! Did you know that National Blondie Brownie Day is on January 22nd, and National Brownie Day is on February 10th?!! For all those brownie enthusiasts out there, the biggest brownie was made at the Hudson Valley Chocolate festival and Holiday Crafts Show in Suffern New York in 2001, with 750 lbs of chocolate. Now, that’s a lot of chocolate!!!!
Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-speed until smooth. Add in the sugars and vanilla and beat on until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and beat well. Fold in the flour mixture with a spatula, stirring only until the flour begins to disappear. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 45 minutes.
For the Brownie Cookie
- Place butter and chocolate in a small sauce pan over medium heat and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the butter and chocolate are completely melted. Remove from heat and whisk until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the sugars and the vanilla to the chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined. Add in the egg and egg yolk and beat well. Gently fold in the flour mixture with a spatula, stirring only until the flour begins to disappear. Fold in M&M’s.
Assembly and Baking
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized rounds of chocolate chip cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches in between each cookie for spreading.
- Use a second scoop or tablespoon to scoop rounds of brownie cookie dough directly next to each round of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Join the two cookie doughs by gently pinching them together, being sure to adhere any gaps.
- Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges and tops are set but the centers still looks slightly underdone.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire wrack to cool completely.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
These parchment paper sheets are perfect for baking cookies! No sticking and (hopefully) no burning, plus easy clean up.
Let me know if you try to make these chocolate chip brownie swirl cookies. Also, let me know if you have any favourite recipes of your cookie combinations, I’d love to give them a try!! Happy baking everyone!
Bella Bucchiotti of xoxoBella is a storyteller, food lover, dog mom and adventure seeker living on the Pacific coast. She shares her passion for recipes, dogs, sustainability, adventures, travel and philanthropy, in hopes of encouraging followers to run the extra mile, try new recipes, visit unfamiliar places and stand for a cause. Bella lives with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.
Bella Bucchiotti is a freelance food, travel, and lifestyle writer for MSN and the Associated Press Wire.