For those of you that might not know (but you soon will realize) – I am a huge fan of peanut butter and an even BIGGER fan of peanut butter cookies. These gluten free peanut butter and jam cookies need to be next on your baking list. Since becoming gluten free, I have been on the hunt for recipes for gluten free tasty treats. There were a lot of options, but WOW these caught my eye! For these cookies, I tweaked an old favourite recipe to create my own take that is both gluten free and low sugar.
PB & J Done Right
My wonderfully delicious gluten free peanut butter and jam cookies will solve all your sweet tooth needs. You are welcome to add any other add-ins that you want (such as chocolate chips). I chose peanuts just because I love the texture of a little crunch in my cookies. The jam topping is optional but it definitely adds a little extra sweetness on top and I mean the whole “J” factor to the PB & J! These PB & J cookies are so easy to tweak to make them into your own special version
My favourite gluten free flour in case you are wondering.
They are super easy to make and I guarantee they won’t last long because they are just so dang tasty! These are perfect for a snack for kids after school or if you like to add a little something sweet with your tea.
Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies Recipe
Gluten Free Peanut Butter & Jam (PB & J) Cookies
- 1 Cup peanut butter natural
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 Cup peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. flour gluten free
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- strawberry jam sugar free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir to completely combine, but do not over mix.
- Scoop out the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Use a fork to make cross hatches on top of the dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Bake until the edges just start to turn colour.
- Remove from baking sheet to cool on a rack. Once cooled, top with a small spoon of jam.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you try this gluten free peanut butter and jam cookies.